Tuesday, March 28, 2006

LOAD hits the slopes

After 6 plus years of retirement from the sport of skiing Lambchop convinced me to go this last Friday. I was apprehensive due to the length of time that ha passed since my last foray on the slopes and a fear of severely injuring myself. I actually picked it up rather quickly much to my surprise and Lambchop’s as well. One thing that threw me off was the shaped skis I rented. I had always skied on the old school kind, basically what ever my older sister had grown out of and eventually what every my father had deemed unfit to ski on himself. The massive amount of wax took some getting used to as well. I felt that I was walking on ice rather than skiing at times. I was quite proud of myself for not falling down once and not coming home in a cast or other sort of brace type apparatus despite winning the “Most Uncoordinated" award at last years Timothy Lake Invitational.

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, March 29, 2006, Blogger Load said...

Just becasue you always crashed and burned while skiing doesn't mean you were good. Remember your tumble down the Cirque Bowl ?

 
At 2:22 PM, March 29, 2006, Blogger Turd Ferguson said...

That was extreme.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter