Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Celebrate St. Paddy’s day and scar the neighborhood kids for life with one simple purchase

One thing I love getting in the mail is the latest Harriet Carter catalog. If you are not familiar with this company they basically sell a whole lot of crap. The pages are filled with knickknacks and little inventions to make life easier. There is also a large selection for As Seen On TV stuff that most of you have undoubtedly ‘seen on T.V.’ at one point or another. Most of the items one could live without yet some leave you saying “Wow that’s a good idea but, I still won’t pay $12.99 for it.”. Yet for reasons unbeknownst to me, I devour each page like it was the latest installment of a comic I was obsessed with or like when I get new pron. I have even snagged it out of the communal pile of mail at work so I can quickly peruse it. I guess the half assed ideas contained within provide me with some sort of essential nutrient. Kind of like how the sun helps you with Vitamin D.

Some of my all time favorites were the blow up mounted deer head and the blow up swordfish. I will have to give an honorable mention to the glow in dark chain fence [sic] . Because nothing says class like an eerie green glow from the fence that surrounds the 3’ x 4’ strip of half dead grass at the front of your trailer.

Pictured: Leprechaun Face

2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, March 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yet for reasons unbeknownst to me, I devour each page..."

Quick, Load, get to a TV; The View is on!

 
At 4:12 PM, March 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kind of like the SkyMall catalogs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter