Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Guest Post from the Wife: The seven year itch, or maybe just signs we’ve been together along time.

So typical of most evenings, I (the wife) have been asleep since 10:30pm and Load, who works late, comes to bed around 2:30am. Load nudges me to move me off his side of the bed, then proceeds to take the pillow out from underneath my head, as it was his to begin with. I feel the flutter of blankets as Load evens the sheet to blanket ratio in a process that involves his feet and fanning the covers incessantly. Load then proceeds to ask me questions or talk about his day as I give one word replies in my half asleep state. It was one of those conversations last night that made me realize we have been together a freakin long time.

Load, “Baby, we’ve been married almost a year.”

The Wife, “a-huh”

Load, “Isn’t our dating anniversary around this time of year.”

The Wife, “a-huh, August 28th”

Load, “You remember the date?”

The Wife, “a-huh, seven years”

Load, “Why didn’t you tell me, that was last weekend?”

The Wife, “forgot.”

Load, “You would remember the date. Should we do something.”

The Wife, “No”

Load, “Hmm okay, Wow seven years.”

10 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, September 01, 2005, Blogger Turd Ferguson said...

7? I did 14 with him. Only then will you know true suffering.

 
At 9:53 AM, September 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, I did 16.

Love,

Your sis

 
At 12:39 PM, September 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so far I hold the record, but it was all good, or have I forgotten?

 
At 1:52 PM, September 01, 2005, Blogger Load said...

you forgot.

 
At 2:37 PM, September 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

something tells me that Load isn't throwing around The Wife the same way he tossed poor Turd around as a youngster...that could very well be the reason why said wife isn't suffering yet...

 
At 2:40 PM, September 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

on a related note, that beating that Turd took from Load, in my opinion, led directly to his keen knack for boxing out and snagging every...rebound...ever when playing hoops. seriously folks, for a white kid who shouldn't be able to jump, Turd cleans the glass like you wouldn't believe. almost like charles barkley. in law school. and barkley doesn't wear those silly slip on sandles. or stained wife beaters. but you get my point.

 
At 3:03 PM, September 01, 2005, Blogger Load said...

Turd is stronger and faster becasue of me. I would like my training fee now.

and baldy, the wife is one tough cookie.

 
At 3:19 PM, September 01, 2005, Blogger Load said...

*because

 
At 2:47 PM, September 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for complimenting your rodman-esque rebounding qualities?

man, what happens if i start ripping on you?

 
At 2:51 PM, September 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think turd should break baldy's stupid glasses for using lame-ass terminology like, "(turd) cleans the glass like you wouldn't believe" have you ever cleaned glass with a turd? trust me, turds don't clean glass. get 'im turd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter