Monday, August 29, 2005

Dog update: what the hell is she?


I trained my dog to shake in 7 minutes the other night. She even remembered it for the wife in the morning so I didn’t look like a liar.

This picture is her and some of her litter at 8 weeks. She is currently 16 weeks old???

It has been interesting having a dog. One thing is we do not know what kind of dog she is. Her entire litter was left at a shelter. We were able to see a few of her siblings when we picked her out and she was the only all black one. There was two that were white and black with little muddled spots that are not in the picture. We have also started to see lots of dogs that look like a version of her: black, white spotty feet, and white blaze on her chest. Everyone of their owners has given a different mix, the most common ingredient given is lab. The one that got me worried was the dog who was a lab great dane mix. I really hope she doesn’t get over 80 lbs so I don't have to add onto my house to have room for a giant dog.

It is also funny to meet people with mutts at the dog park. Some give wild descriptions of what kind of mix their dog is and if probed they are basing it solely on how the dog looks, which is a not a very reliable system. Some are honest, like us, and say “we really don’t know but if were to guess..”. There is one guy that said his dog was a Catahoula Leopard Dog. mix. Which is entirely possible but he went for the rare breed mix to sound cooler in my opinion. If I were to guess on his dog I would say boxer, pit , and maybe some shepherd.

Some people are so full of shit.

3 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, August 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think she looks like a lab/border collie/austrailian shepard, cocktail of some sort.

 
At 3:03 PM, August 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think border collie/Blue Heeler is a good guess She looks lab, but NONE of the other puppies do. Strangely enough a litter can have multiple fathers. Our dog's mom was a slut.

 
At 3:40 PM, September 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont know if you'll ever see this comment, but I forgot to tell you that we know a HUMAN woman that this happened to! Had triplets. One kid was fully asian the other two were caucasian.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter