Thursday, September 22, 2005

Sleepwalking Report

Lacking better material I thought I would amuse the 2 people that read this with a reoccurring posting of my misadventures I have while I am asleep. I also thought it would be a good place to catalog it so when I drive my car into the river there will be a funny back story.

So, here is goes: Hi, I’m Load and I sleepwalk. Yeah, yeah point at the weirdo and laugh. Sometimes it is harmless wandering and sometimes I pee in the garbage can, one never knows what to expect. They are often very random acts like I have gotten up and pulled out a dress shirt and a tie, hung it on the door and gone back to bed. That's weird because I wear a tie about 5 times a year. I have also allegedly tried to pee on a pile of laundry and in the corner of the room. Last night I was at it again.

What I remember:

Wife: “ Load what are you doing on the couch”
Me: “Huhhhhh?!?!?!!”
Wife “Why are you downstairs?? Come to bed.”
Me “Huhhhh?? Ok.”

(Gripping I know)

Wife’s version:
Around 4:30am, I hear Load go downstairs, assuming he is going to the bathroom, I go back to sleep. Around 5:30, I roll over and no Load. So I go downstairs, the dining room closet is open, kitchen cupboards are open, the bathroom cupboard is open and Load is asleep on the couch.

me, "Load, what are you doing on the couch?" in a quiet inquisitive voice
Load, "Huhhhh?!?!?!"
me, "come to bed." still in a quiet voice
Load, "Stop yelling at me!!"
me, "I'm not, just come to bed."
Load, "aruaharh, stop yelling at me!"


That's it, I swear I think he is going to kill me in my sleep one of these times.



5 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, September 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you inherited this curse

 
At 6:50 PM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Load said...

you make it sound like I need to be put down with a silver bullet.

 
At 6:45 AM, September 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not at all Happy Birthday

 
At 11:33 AM, September 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An interesting article on the subject

http://www.crescentlife.com/disorders/sleepwalking.htm

 
At 6:21 PM, September 23, 2005, Blogger Load said...

Great, its a disorder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter