Monday, September 19, 2005

Near Miss

Today on I-5 Northbound I was in the fast land going at pretty good clip. I was coming up on a corner where the lanes get real skinny and the shoulder no longer exists. This is the type of corner where one gets freaked out because the double long semi’s back wheels on your right hand side are already drifting 2 inches over the line and you hold your breath and punch hoping your late model American compact doesn’t become a speed bump and leave you a skid mark on the interstate.
Anyways, I am going around this corner and the Toyota truck 3 car lengths in front of me jerks into the center lane. Seeing that behavior elicited the obvious ‘danger’ warning which I soon discovered was a brand new leather chair, still in the crate and shrink wrap sitting smack dab in the middle of my lane. I looked and swerved over with about 2 feet to spare. The fellow behind me didn’t appreciate the wake up call of having someone cut him off and interrupting his cell phone conversation.
What the real issue is here is: how the f$ck do you loose a leather chair out of the back of your truck without noticing? I would be surprised if someone didn’t hit it after I went by. At least it probably has packing information on the crate so it will be easier to contact the defendants in the pending injury/negligence lawsuit.

4 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, September 19, 2005, Blogger Turd Ferguson said...

Whatever you were doing, you were probably tailgating somebody.

 
At 6:01 PM, September 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that has the makings of a nasty roll-the-rental-car-on-the-way-to-shasta type story...sketchy!

 
At 8:04 AM, September 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I woulda pulled over and nabbed that delicious free chair. I'd be saving lives and saavying up my living space

 
At 1:40 PM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Load said...

It was sitting on the inside lane of a left hand turn surrounded by lunch hour traffic, not so easy to nab. If it was on the right hand shoulder I would have nabbed it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter