Monday, September 26, 2005

30 years old: its all downhill from here.

First and foremost I would like to thank the lovely Wife. I had a great time and she did a great job.

Well now it's finally done, the time has come to pass where I am no longer able to fool myself into thinking that I am still young and dumb. (well dumb).
My 30th went over like a nitro charged cement truck driven by an overzealous cranked out Chimpanzee. I laid around all day Sunday (actually birthday) with a thirst that could not be quenched and that feeling that alcohol was evaporating out of my eyes.Which brings us to Monday, the day of aches and pains. For some weird reason after over exerting myself physically i.e. playing big ball or wrestling drunk friends in the back yard, I find that I don't feel the pain until two days later. Current injury list is as follows: neck feels like someone tried to pull my head off, elbows and knees feel like I owed nefarious persons large amounts of cash and had not yet paid. The rest of my body feels like I was in a batting cage catching baseballs with no hands.

As for the party itself I would like to thank everyone for showing up and hanging out. I would especially like to thank the person that microwaved 5 pieces of cheese and leaving if for me to enjoy. Considering that was the worse mess I found I would like to say I am proud of you all for being cool and not leaving me an upper decker.

Since everyone who was there remembers what happened at the house but not after everyone had left for downtown so here it goes. We made our way down to Ember's and I was denied entry. I don't remember the cab ride but I do remember the guy saying "Sir, I cannot let you in because you look visibly intoxicated." I knew it was a lost cause because I have never been denied entry to a bar even when falling over so I must have been pretty bad off. Edwin and someone else tried to convince the door guy to let me in because it was my birthday but I told them it was a fruitless endeavor (get it? embers? Fruit?) I was pissed but calm because I just wanted to burn off some drunk energy on the dance floor.We thought "Who will serve us if Ember's won't?!?! The night's over!!" After talking to Turd, who had already gotten in and said he wouldn't or couldn't leave because the Goose was attached at the hip of 7 girlfriends, even though it was my birthday, we ended up a someplace called the Dixie. I remember Edwin forcing me to down a huge Vodka/Redbull and being really drunk. It as no Embers but hey, they kept serving me and I was probably at.12 blood alcohol.

I don't really remember much after that but having a digital camera with video helps with that. I guess Bennett, Rebecky, Silent Kev, Edwin, the wife and I went back to my house and drank more which probably wasn't necessary considering that it was 4am. There are a bunch of videos of Shane, me and Edwin wrestling in the house and in the yard (explains the pain). One was particularly funny: I tackle Bennett and he pins me down, Edwin tries to break it up and someone yells "Which one of you has a hard on?!? God damn it!?!?"

Fun facts:

Walloch didn't score.

Found Bennett's keys, cell phone, and lighter in yard the next day.

Found Turd’s sense of human decency under a grease soaked napkin.


Booze list:

4 out of 8 Fifth's of Beam were consumed.
½ of a Fifth of Tequila was consumed.
13 Bottles of Red wine were consumed.
4 bottles (large) white wine were consumed.
2+ cases of beer consumed
4 cases of beer left over.
*I don't know what the rest of you had to drink*


Please add your funny moments/comments below.

8 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, September 26, 2005, Blogger Turd Ferguson said...

There were 10 people in at Embers who paid money to get in and it was 1am already. There was no practical way to get everyone out of there quickly. No need for that little snide remark.

 
At 4:09 PM, September 26, 2005, Blogger Load said...

I knew that would get a rise out of you.

 
At 4:15 PM, September 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the Load knows.........., afterall he was the one that was too intoxicated to get into EMBERS!! That is pretty hard to do. Denied by embers?!?!

Never before in his post 21 career, but I guess if you are going to do it once your 30th birthday is the way to go out in style. Way to go Load!!

 
At 4:26 PM, September 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No chance to. I was still a block down when you ran in with out me. I was still 1/2 way down the block when you told me you were denied.

Plus take responsibilty man, you are old.

 
At 4:33 PM, September 26, 2005, Blogger Load said...

duh, yeah you guys made me drink.

 
At 4:38 PM, September 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets keep our marital issues at home. :)

 
At 8:45 AM, September 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say I have never so throughly enjoyed drunk people while still sober myself! You guys were all hilarious and I will now be calling Katurah when I need help throwing a party.
By the way its good to hear that my words "I doubt they'll even let his sloppy ass in" were, as usual right on par!
I'd also like to thank you dear Load for the really embarassing moment when you loudly chastised your friend for politely introducing himself to me. That ruled!
I can only imagine the pride Ma Turd/Load felt watching her dear babies so en fuego!

 
At 3:10 PM, September 27, 2005, Blogger Load said...

Bw- what did I say?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter