Thursday, September 07, 2006

Squirrels don’t bounce.

Weird thing happened this morning:

I was putting some things in my car before work this morning, dog in tow, and I hear a loud SMACK! I turned around to see a large squirrel lying motionless in the middle of my driveway. The dog runs over to it and starts freaking out and doing a combination of sniffing and jumping at it.
I figure its dead because, well,it isn’t moving and there is a dog directly in its face. I run and grab the dog and as I’m walking her back to the yard I look and see that the squirrel is now dragging its self across the driveway towards the tree it fell out of. I was running late for work so I was kind of pissed that I was going to have to put it out of its misery because by the way it is moving appears that it broke its back legs or its back. I headed to the garage to retrieve a shovel, some rubber gloves, and a garbage bag. When I get back the thing is gone. I searched around and didn’t see any sign of it. When I looked up from where it had landed it was a big fall, somewhere in the neighborhood of 50’. Tough little fuckers. Maybe he did it on a dare?

1 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, September 09, 2006, Blogger RB said...

I was camping once and ran into this super bored forest ranger. He was so bored with the work of the forest that he stayed and hung out with us for awhile. He spent most of that time telling us stories about squirrels doing weird things -- many of them seemed to be about squirrels falling out of trees and killing themselves. So yeah... I guess it happens kind of a lot.

Now that I think of it, that guy was pretty funny. He wanted to make a calendar where everyday would have a picture of a squirrel doing some funny thing. He had started to collect pictures for this little project on his camera phone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter