Thursday, August 31, 2006

Which Lake?

The Wife and I went camping with the dog last weekend. Attendance was as follows in no particular order: C-Budd, LL, Murphy, Goose, Turd, Tex, the Jigga, Wej and Tigo.

Murph and C-Budd found a lake, a lake that shall not be named, I don’t want more people knowing about it. Great location despite the horse fly bite I received. The hike in I could have done without but the company and scenery made it worth while.

I learned that despite what the Wife and I thought; Kimber likes to swim. That or she is still trying it out. It all started when Kimber was running around with a dog, Jackson, from the only other camp up there. We were in the process of setting up our tent and we hear Turd say “your dog just jumped in the lake”. I had to ask him to clarify if it was actually her, which was confirmed seconds later by the drenched pooch presenting herself. I then questioned Turd further about whether it was a jump vs. a running and can’t stop situation. Maybe that other dog pushed her in as some sort of cruel stunt? Using skills he learned in his “Witness Coaching” and “How to Win a Case On Looks Alone” classes he assured me that she had jumped in on her own accord. The Wife and I were still in disbelief until the dog did it again after following Murphy down the shore a ways.

We went swimming later and coaxed the dog back in the water after a long solo of wines and guttural howls. I tried to calm her down out in the water only to get the shit scratched out of my chest. I got off easy because the wife got a scratch from her eye down to her lip that was still purple on Monday. The dog was a spastic swimmer and kept biting at the water as she attempted to swim through it.

I was fortunate enough to wake up at 6:45am with a face full of sunlight and a full bladder. Being so early and me being so f-ing awake I took the dog on a walk to save the others from a similar fate. I had to go off trail to get around the other tents because they were pitched on the only trail around the lake. In doing so I got the walking tour of where everyone goes to the bathroom, or what I dubbed “the trail of tears”. One plus about being up so early is that I was able to get some cool pictures of the sunrise and the lake.

Very fun trip and I would certainly drag my ass up that hill again.

4 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, September 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you said pitch a tent.

 
At 8:02 PM, September 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder I couldn't get a hold of you guys - I was up there camping too! Not up where you were - we were at Ft. Stevens (the wife remembers that Campout). I'm so glad we all got to go camping - albeit not together.....

 
At 10:38 AM, September 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why the @#$% didn't you tell us you were in town??

 
At 5:01 PM, September 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know until the last minute that I was going to be there. Sorry :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter