Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Music to my ears

Sitting outside during break yesterday I was speaking with a coworker about how his bands CD release party went. In the parking lot a middle aged scruffy looking laborer was enjoying some tunes in his car with all the windows rolled down treating us to his personal collection. This is not uncommon but the music was. There are usual trends that appear in what is played, Hip Hop being the clear leader. We occasionally get treated to Russian techno that sounds like someone playing a recording of a cat being tormented backwards over a fast and generally annoying beat. Then there is the circus music, rather mariachi music that is the more pleasant of the bunch.
The problem was that the aforementioned scruffy was playing ‘Finally’ by the renowned artist Ce Ce Peniston . Yeah, she has a website who knew? Anyways if you’re not familiar with the classic that was first released on January 28, 1992 here are some sample lyrics:
CHORUS:
Finally it has happened to me
Right in front of my face
My feelin's can't describe it
Finally it has happened to me
Right in front of my face
And I just cannot hide it
Meeting Mr. Right, the man of my dreams
The one and only true love or at least it seems
With brown coco skin and curly black hair
It's just the way he looks at me, that gentle lovin' stare

Guy #1 sitting across from us, after not saying anything for 10 minutes says: “I didn’t think this song was this long”
Load: “Its the under ground remix."
Guy#2: "I think its DJ Scribble."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter