Thursday, January 12, 2006

Turf wars

An on going debate the wife and I have is over closet/dresser space. This also comes up when comparing luggage volume on trips. She thinks we should split the storage space equally which I disagree on the grounds that men’s clothes (not HipE’s) have more bulk to them than women’s. One of my basic black t-shirts (with the shlitz bull on it) is equal to 4-5 of the thin tiny short sleeve shirts that the wife wears in weight and volume. Being taller than her and not into tight clingy clothing it makes for more fabric to cover my fat ass which means in one suitcase per volume, I have fewer articles of clothing than her. This would also mean that if we were to split the storage space equally she would have 4-5 times more articles of clothing. I know women have are supposed to have more clothes than guys do but she already does. I think she could clothe a village if she gave them just her sweater collection.

5 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, January 12, 2006, Blogger RB said...

I think she deserves more closet space simply because she is the wife.

 
At 9:57 AM, January 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweaters are the bulkiest. no matter how petite and shrunken the number, its takin' up more space than you bull-shirt will. Hence,the Wife's village warming collection killed your own arguement. Give her more space you bum!

 
At 1:21 PM, January 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you split it equally, then you can each take responsibility for prioritizing your own wardrobe space. If she wants to fill hers with "clingy" stuff and you want to store big t-shirts then that's just fine.

You could always store the rest in your basement (rotating through it), or give it away.

Sis

 
At 3:46 PM, January 15, 2006, Blogger Turd Ferguson said...

Maybe you should stop wearing those moo-moos load.

 
At 7:33 PM, January 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always - I will side with the Wife. However - I have met more men lately that are bigger clothes horses than I am. (And that's saying a lot - I think you both have helped me move the closet and the shoes before....)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter