Monday, December 05, 2005

Shut UP!

AAAAHHHHHH! The most annoying woman has gotten her job back!!!! I have not written about her in the past because she was a temp and her contract ended. Today while swilling my 3rd cup of coffee I hear a familiar voice. I dismiss it thinking my mind is playing tricks on me. 4 minutes later a smiling face pops up over the cube wall “Hello!” I think I actually shook in fear remembering the never ending conversations.

Dealing with her is like hearing a cooler story about every f#@ing subject that anyone brings up. (A cooler story is a story that goes no where and was never heading there originally. Much like my blog ) I am “protected” by 2 inches of fabric covered cubicle wall but the sound is not blocked out.

When she was here last time my life was a living hell. Every time anyone around would get into a conversation she would always have to tell her vaguely related story. When not telling cooler stories and trapping co-workers in slow deaths she would occasionally have an original subject. Sadly they were her new house and scrap booking. I would rather watch a video of a failed colonoscopy surgery or an episode of “the war at home” than listen to someone tell me about their recent scrapbook supply shopping spree. I know other scrap bookers and they are ok but they have other things to do. I think this lady scrap booked pages about scrap booking other scrapbook pages. When she was here last I got a pair of headphones so I could act like I couldn’t hear her. Hell I even left the office for the last two hours of her last day so I could avoid talking to her.

Today I heard her trap a new addition to the office in a 45 minute conversation. Subjects went in the following order: weather, house, kids in the street, old jobs she has had, Microsoft office programs, single knot vs. double knotting her shoe laces, lighting in her cubicle, stories about other people dealing with overhead light glare, her cat eating her husbands socks, cats sleeping spots in her house (over 20 listed), body pillows, king sized beds.


Today I died a little inside

9 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, December 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It should be known that Load invented the cooler story.

 
At 9:38 AM, December 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i used to work with a girl like that. but all her stories centred around how she was going to join the army, and how she was worried that she wouldn't be able to run the mandatory two miles to qualify for boot camp. or about how much she had drank the night before, and how little sleep she got. she also made that really annoying sound effect that you hear on bad sitcoms when someone makes a bad joke..."waaa wa waaaaaaaaaa"...and she did it all the time, for totally inappropriate situations. one time, i actually saw the boss lady rest her head on the confrence room table during a meeting because of yet another long winded story about nothing. i, myself, wanted to stick sharpened pencils into my own eyes on several occasions, hoping the pain would erase the sound of her voice.

my deepest sympathies.

 
At 11:09 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Load said...

I created the genera by accident.

Baldwin – thanks, at least this time she has to walk around a corner to get to me.

 
At 2:48 PM, December 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what she posts to her friends about the ass she has to share a cube-wall with??
Matt who was this girl? I'm shocked I never heard of her

 
At 3:25 PM, December 07, 2005, Blogger Load said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:26 PM, December 07, 2005, Blogger Load said...

Britt – Trust me she is bad. I keep to myself and only initiate conversation with the people that come up and initiate conversation with me from time to time. The new addition guy that she was bugging agreed with me that she is annoying. I have known him for 5 years and can risk talking smack about others without fear of repercussions. Also, I am only an ass at your house…Turd’s house…CJ’s…my house… well you get the point.

 
At 1:19 PM, December 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

britt, you DID hear about her. at least once a week for 2.5 years...lori, from JD Fulwiler.

 
At 2:20 PM, December 08, 2005, Blogger Load said...

Was she hot?

 
At 3:40 PM, December 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heck no. she was the most obnoxious person i have ever been around in my life. being forced to share a small office with her on a daily basis was worse than 1,000 papercuts. physically she was repulsive, too. beady little eyes. cankles. constantly reeked of last night's booze and cigarettes because she'd wake up late and not have time to shower before work. anyone within 10 feet of her could smell her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter