Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thanksgiving weekend

Well things went fairly well over the holiday weekend.

The wife and I went to Turd & Goose’s house for Thanksgiving dinner and it was good and the turkey was moist. The situation was kind of odd as the rest of our extended family was not there and it was one of two thanksgivings in recent memory where I didn’t see my mom and grandparents. The group was made up mainly of Goose’s family which mercifully is not composed of any weirdo’s and/or psychos (like ours) and are really nice people that were easy to get along with. I can’t say they had the same impression of me but hey, she is marrying my brother, not me. Besides, Steve (beef) wasn’t there so someone had to wear the hat of inappropriateness. Some other friends showed up so the young crowd was represented (holla Jigga and Murphy). Squara and Adam were there raising the roof. All in all it was a good time, thanks to Turd and Goose for the invite. Hell it could have been like some Christmases where the wife and I have spent. We were so bored out of our skulls and ended up at one of the few bars on Christmas eve asking each other “what he f@ck?”.

I wanted to do some other fun things this weekend, that plan was shut down early Friday. The wife and I were going somewhere and she informed me that there was a small lake on the passenger side floor. Without going into too much detail Paully and I spent many hours Saturday and Sunday taking apart the dash, finding the leak, fixing the leak, and putting it all back together. Could have been worse, but I also could have been hiking or something other than patching up a 14 year old car. Classic baby! I’ll tell you that nothing is more fun than going to a junk yard by yourself when it is so cold you can see your breath.

The monotony of car repairs was interrupted with a trip to the fabled Embers. I think I made an ass out of myself, per usual. It wasn’t the booze this time but the Redbulls I drank. I was so jazzed up I danced like the fat girl in the moving picture a few posts down. It was quite a site.

2 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, December 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you do the wall butt dance??

 
At 11:16 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Load said...

sadly yes. that mirror will never be the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter