Thursday, November 17, 2005

Annoyances in a silent office

My job schedule runs later than most of the other staff in the office. So, I am generally by myself at the end of my day while I am catching up on various things. It used to be 3 people, including me, that shared this space. The other 2 were moved into a different area leaving me all alone. I shared a cubicle wall with one of the past occupants and that was stressful. This was before she got her hearing aid and would talk to her grandson using baby talk at an extremely loud volume. “ (gooshy voice) oh little baby grandma loves you, yes I do, have you been a good boy, I said have you been a good boy? No you need to share those toy cars with you brother it isn’t nice……” Luckily we got along really good so I could get away with throwing wadded up post-its over the wall to get her to quiet down. After 2+ years of listening to her conversations, there was no way to avoid it, I gained quite a perspective on her family life. It go to the point that I would use the canned air for dusting keyboards and aim it through the metal gaps it in the cubicle wall. The gap acted like a funnel and she would get a blast of air in the face. She would laugh but I sometimes came back to some sort simple prank at my desk later that night. Like taping my phone to the receiver or stacking my recycled cans all over my desk.

Now I have this new guy that is about 50 feet from me. We have said hi but that is about it. I don’t want to get to know him, not for any fault on his part; I just don’t care to make anymore casual acquaintances at work. I have enough people I have to say hi to and make crappy small talk with. My problem with this guy is the frequency that I get to hear the windows error noise in the background. Now this isn’t a once an hour thing. This guy is hitting the same error 5 times in a row like he is going to force the program to do his bidding by force or he will wear down the programs defenses. And this happens every 5-10 minutes. But what can you expect from a 30-35 year old guy that drives a bright yellow X-Terra with watermelon sized Von Dutch sticker on each of the back side windows.

3 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, November 21, 2005, Blogger Turd Ferguson said...

You should totally blast his cash dude.

 
At 10:21 AM, November 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he really has Von Dutch paraphernalia on his x-treme yellow XTerra, you should just punch him in the mouth.

 
At 7:06 AM, November 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He sounds like a great guy......




FOR ME TO POOP ON!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter