Monday, December 12, 2005

Load takes one for the team and attends Wife’s company party.

The Wife’s holiday party was this last Friday and I wasn’t particularly looking forward to it. She works for a small division of a company that does crazy experiments on plants. She never tells me what they really do except that they do not use black magic in the manipulation of plant DNA which I don’t believe. Needless to say her coworkers are super smart (double PHD’s, Doctorates, Beauticians, etc.) and on a totally different wave length than Load. See, I can handle lawyers because though they are highly educated they still are just higher paid criminals but this crowd is all about the science. Some of you would say “just have a drink and loosen up”. No deal there. The Wife has sort of an authoritative position there and I had to be on my super-duper-best-behavior. Not only do I need to be there early, I had to stay till the bitter end when she wrote the final check. Don’t get me wrong, they are all nice people but I only see them twice a year and I don’t have much in common with them. I spent four and a half hours smiling and trying to search for small talk that wouldn’t get me in trouble. I discovered I don’t like schmoozing if there isn’t money involved.

5 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, December 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, Load was super uber good despite the open bar. :)

Good picture use load, though you give yourself little credit, you must have somewhat of a good idea about the company I work for because the pic looks similar to posters hanging around the office as well as the verbiage I have to scout out for when screening resumes.

 
At 11:49 AM, December 13, 2005, Blogger Load said...

I typed google image searched (GIS) "transgenic mutant plant evil freedom hating commie" and it was the first thing that popped up.

 
At 1:52 PM, December 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liar Nothing comes up, but if you do a regular google you get - "Slashdot-News for Nerds"

http://slashdot.org/science

Then some articles written in some unrecognizable Eastern European language. Go figure.

 
At 6:34 AM, December 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't think Load did anything unless there was money involved.....

Load - you sell yourself short dude - you can be (as much as you don't wanna hear it) a very nice and upstanding guy sometimes.

 
At 11:41 AM, December 14, 2005, Blogger Load said...

God damn it! I'm a HARD MAN! I eat rocks for breakfast! I brush my teeth with steel wool! I shave my chest to make it look smooth! Don't spoil my rep I have an image to keep.

and traitor in cali: give me a hint as to who the hell you are. Wrong? SHeezy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter