Monday, October 31, 2005

How the years drift by

Halloween is one of my favorite days of the year. Over the years the reasons have changed but the excitement and anticipation that used to proceed Halloween and come to an inebriated head bursting in a giant spray of intoxication, hilarity, and blue/red lights flashing, didn’t really happen this year. When I was a kid it was all about dressing up pretending to be a vampire and scoring candy. One year we got to hit SW and NE Portland, which was a record haul. As a legal adult (18+) Halloween meant one thing: a big party(ies). My record was 7 years ago when we hit 7 parties before 3am. It was epic.

Now I am not saying that I didn’t have fun with what I did this year, just understand that I have high expectations. Since I am not a religious guy and I’m not a huge sports fan, Halloween serves as my one day a year to get crazy. It usually works out for me because everyone else is acting crazy so I don’t look like too much of a jackass. Plus, like New Years Eve, people tend to be in high spirits because they are geared up for a good time.

Basically this Halloween made me feel old.

2 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, November 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well...what did you do? You relived all the past but didnt mention this years happenings.
P.S.
Katurah is cute with pink hair...

 
At 1:52 PM, November 02, 2005, Blogger Load said...

We went to a haunted house at Oaks Park. it was billed as "not family friendly" which lead me to believe that they would at least serve beer. Basically we were part of the 1% that were dressed up and not in high school. Plus the girls pooped out and wanted to go watch a scary movie instead of going out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter