Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Guest Post: I'm not sure if this comes across the way it should.

As all of Load’s faithful readers know, our dog is black. A friend of mine also has two black dogs, one is a pure bred black lab puppy and the 2nd dog which is a shelter rescue black lab/bassett hound mix. The two of us were walking our pack of black dogs to the lucky lab to let the pups entangle themselves in their leashes while wrestling, while we kicked back some beer. On our way to the pub, a cop car driving down a quiet residential street, slowed to a stop where we were walking and rolled down the window. Our initial thought, was to check and make sure all dogs were properly leashed and to be able to present poop bags at any moment.
The cop….. a lady, said, “Oh, what cute dogs! How old are they, and what kind are they?”
After telling her our dog saga, she replied, “Yeah, I’m in the market for a dog, I just don’t know what kind yet, so I’ve been asking everyone about theirs.”
My friend suggested that she go to the nearby dog park as she would see about 30 different breeds there.
The cop had a hesitant look on her face, to which I piped in, “Yeah, but if you do that everyone there is going to be asking, why is a cop here? Did I not pick up my dogs poop?”
She laughed, agreed with my statement, and drove away.
After she was out of site, I turned to my friend and said, “She was just discriminating against the dogs because they're black.” -The Wife

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, August 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may be one of the few people that hates dogs more than cops.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter