Monday, October 17, 2005

Multi Post

Things have been busy for me lately. With hunting season in full swing and having something planned every weekend until December I really should have some better stories to post. So instead of boring you with long versions of each one I thought I would keep them short and sweet thereby reducing the boring as it were.

Grizzled
Went hunting with my Grandpa last week. Only saw 2 deer and they were does and got a “get out of being packaged and put in a freezer card”. It was fun hanging out with Gramps. Now that I am older I encourage him into acting grizzled for my own amusement. Nothing is better than having Gramps go off about current events when he knows he doesn’t have to watch his mouth.

Beach:
Buckles, the Wife, and I went salmon fishing down by Tillamook. The seas had 20 foot swells so we were forced to fish in the bay thereby cutting our chances of anyone on the boat catching a fish. Everyone came back empty handed. Fish suck.

The wife and I did go to a crazy bar on Friday night. Mom’s and Buckles went to bed and we went back to our hotel room only to find we had was too much energy to be cooped up in a small room. We decided to find a bar for shits and giggles, well mostly giggles. We ended up finding some hole in the wall and the wife screams “they have karaoke!!”. I said fine, because she loves to sing. We walk in and the first 8 people I see are in full cowboy regalia. I quickly whisper in the Wife’s ear “Sing Patsy Cline!” knowing that it will show that we belong. So, we are hanging out and I am checking out the crowd. My first impression was incorrect, this wasn’t a cowboy bar. There was about 10-15 Hip-Hoppers chillin’ at the bar. So, here in a dirty wet coastal town in a non-descript bar at 11pm on a Friday night I felt like I had stumbled into another world. A world where everyone gets along and it doesn’t matter what music you listen to. Seriously, it was strange. But it was also one of the all time friendliest bars, staff and clientele, I have ever been to. Now if I can only remember the name…

Knowledge:
If you don’t want people driving fast on the street in front of your driveway: make bigger potholes.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, October 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dog is named Buckles? That's hot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter