Monday, July 25, 2005

Company party update: two thumbs up if you thought it sucked.

Wow just as I suspected my company party was a real stinker. First sign of a bad company party: 2 drink minimum. That is unless you have coworkers that are in AA and score 2 free ones for you.
The wife “You sure have a lot of allies."
Load “What do you mean?”
The wife “The people that keep giving you free beer”

This made me pause and think: are these people really my allies or is this some wide spread conspiracy to get me shit faced. And in doing so helping me to ass out in front of the big boss? I decided that I would drink the beers and keep my eyes peeled. It was extremely difficult but I pulled through.

This drink limit was in all probability the backlash from the last holiday party where one guy was choking on his own vomit 45 minutes after the party started. Then there was the 7 DUI’s. Oh and the cops being called to the hotel that had made a deal with our company for cheap rooms. Classy people all around. I guess that’s what you get when you lead trash to an open bar.
Second sign of a bad company party: super secretive about prizes being given away as if they are ashamed of their spoils of war. I love how I work for a billion dollar company that has record quarters every quarter but they can’t drop 10k on prizes for the people that bust ass for them. I guess when that same company gives a blanket 3% raise year after year one should learn and move on don’t you think? Prizes sucked anyways, not that I wouldn’t have taken it if I won. But I am certainly not heartbroken over loosing out on the basket of bath salts. And yes Turd, I would have shared.

I also successfully avoided my boss the entire time! Yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter